The Top 5 Ways to Say ‘Thanks’ to Your Dog
‘Tis the season to give thanks! With the holidays being so busy with shopping, cooking, and socializing, we’d like to take a moment to give thanks to our four-legged friends. They are resilient, supportive, loving, fun, and certainly make a difference in our lives.
How can we thank our dogs for everything they do? Canine to Five has some ideas!
- Send them to Doggy Daycare: I mean, of course! Sending your dog to daycare is not just beneficial for you, your otherwise bored pup will be constantly enriched, socialized, and exercised at daycare. They get to make friends, sniff to their heart’s content, and they’ll be tired at the end of the day. With dog daycare in Detroit and Ferndale, Canine to Five is one of the best things to reward them with! (P.s. If you have a new puppy between 12 weeks and 6 months old, sending them to our Puppy Program will change their life!)
- Schedule a Spa Day: This one might not be their favorite, but keeping your pup’s ears, coat, and nails properly groomed positively impacts their health and well-being. You can say thanks by keeping them clean and tangle-free! Read our posts on how to properly brush your dog and how to trim your dog’s nails at home, then schedule an appointment with our dog grooming salon in Detroit at (313) 831-3647.
- Choose Dog Boarding over a Dog Sitter: If you have to leave your dog overnight for any length of time, dog boarding is the way to go. Compared to a dog sitter, places like Canine to Five have the capability to provide 24 hour supervision, your dog would constantly be receiving enrichment, stimulation, and attention throughout their whole day, staff members are trained to precisely administer and track medication, and if your return gets delayed – your pup will still be taken care of! You can also customize your dog’s stay to include extra treats and playtime when using Canine to Five’s dog boarding in Detroit and Ferndale.
- Giving them a Yummy Treat: Whether they are at Canine to Five or at home, giving your dog a stuffed Kong toy when they are home alone, or in their crate for nap time, will keep them occupied and out of trouble. Destructive behaviors stem from boredom, so giving your dog a job will keep them happy and content! Canine to Five offers peanut butter and pumpkin stuffed Kongs to dogs while they are in dog daycare, dog boarding, and even dog grooming in Detroit and Ferndale. We recommend filling your Kong with these yummy treats at home, then sticking them in the freezer for later. This will help them last longer, and provide your dog with more enrichment!
- Giving them Your Undivided Attention: Spending quality time with your dog is really all they want. This can be playing a game of fetch, going for a walk in the woods and letting them smell literally everything, or cuddling on the couch. At Canine to Five, dogs can get some extra TLC, too! When sending your pup to dog daycare or dog boarding in Detroit or Ferndale, you can add on a 1:1 Session. In these sessions, our Pack Leader will spend undivided attention with your dog doing whatever it is they love to do.
However you choose to appreciate your dog, Canine to Five is here to make your life as a pet parent easier.