Voted Best of Detroit by Hour Magazine readers since 2014, Canine to Five provides dogs with a safe, clean, and super fun environment to socialize, play, and burn off extra energy while you’re busy at work all day. We maintain a high staffing ratio, offer extensive staff training, and treat every dog as if they were our own.
Group Play Daycare
Your dog’s safety and comfort is our top priority at Canine To Five. In order to provide the most socially centered indoor/outdoor dog daycare in Metro Detroit, we give each dog the time and attention it deserves and work with all the dogs together to create a balanced pack atmosphere. We keep a high employee-to-dog ratio and our trained staff of Pack Leaders are knowledgeable in canine first aid, CPR and animal behavior.
To participate in Group Play, all dogs must be between 12 weeks - 13 years old, spayed/neutered if over 9 months old, be up to date on their vaccines, and pass an evaluation. Select New Clients to schedule your dog's first day of play!
- Spacious indoor play spaces.
- Largest secure outdoor play space for dogs in Metro Detroit.
- Turf, 8 foot fencing, & live web cams.
- Tiny Town, Private Play, & Puppy Preschool available.
- All areas are kept to strict cleaning standards.
View our daycare & overnight lodging rates here!
Friendly with your HR person? We would like to be too! Ask us about our discount program!
Benefits of Daycare
- Puppies get to learn to how to socialize with other dogs and humans.
- Your dog will have the opportunity to exercise, which aids weight control.
- Daycare will allow you and your dog to relax at the end of a long day.
- Daycare decreases boredom that can lead to destructive behavior such as barking and chewing.
- You will gain peace of mind in knowing that your dog is being taken care of while you're away.
- Your dog’s simple manners, such as “sit, down and no jump” will be reinforced.
Private Play Daycare
Group play dog daycare isn’t the best fit for all dogs, but all dogs deserve the benefits of socialization and a safe place to go while their owners are away. That’s why Canine to Five has developed a unique service, available at our Midtown Detroit, Ferndale and Commerce Township locations, to meet the needs of dogs that need a little more one-on-one time for their comfort, or don’t meet our group play requirements.
To participate in Private Play, all dogs must be between 12 weeks - 13 years old, up to date on their vaccines, and non-aggressive towards humans. While we do accept unaltered dogs, for safety reasons, we cannot lodge dogs while they are in heat or pregnant. Select New Clients to schedule your dog's first day of play!
So Every Dog Can Enjoy Canine To Five Dog Daycare
Introducing Private Play Daycare. It’s the perfect solution for pet parents that need a little extra help watching their dog during the day or on specific occasions, without exposing their dog to our pack-style group play that may not fit the dog’s comfort level. Our Private Play Dog daycare option brings the best in dog services to every dog and their individual needs.
- Multiple potty breaks throughout the day.
- Plenty of one-on-one time playing and cuddling with one of our Pack Leaders.
- A comfy-sized enclosure all to themselves for naps and periodic rest.
Dog Daycare Hours
Open until 8:00pm Monday through Friday
Open until 6:00pm on Saturday
There is a $5 charge for any pet left after closing time up to 5 minutes, $10 for 6-10 minutes, and $15 for 10-15 minutes late. Please call Canine To Five if you are running late for pick-up. After 15 minutes all dogs in the facility will be boarded overnight, and can be picked up the following morning beginning at 7:00 a.m. Monday through Friday and at 8:00 a.m. Saturday & Sunday. Additional fees for food and boarding will apply.
From one of our dog daycare clients...
The best daycare in town! Their staff are highly trained and professional, and their facilities are clean, and the dogs’ well-being is their top priority. It’s great to know she’s in good hands to get some exercise and pack time in while we off at work or on vacation. We refuse to take our dog anywhere else! The staff are kind, friendly and love Marnie as their own!