To ensure the safety and health of all animals and staff at Canine To Five, we require all clients to comply with the following Rules and Regulations. Please note that you will be asked to sign a copy of these rules as part of the registration process.
New clients: First Day of Daycare is Free - Call for Info!
Offer available for new dog daycare customers. Subject to availability and cannot be combined with other offers. Limit one free day per customer.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered to participate in group play (unless they are under 9 months of age).
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations. Owners must submit written record, prior to evaluation, that their dogs have current DHPP, Lepto, Rabies, and Bordetella. The specific vaccines required are Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para influenza, Parvovirus, Rabies, and Bordetella. It is your responsibility to provide on-going verification of current vaccinations. The Canine Influenza vaccine is not required, but strongly recommended.
- All dogs must be healthy. Parents will need to certify that their dogs have been free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other guests. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 15 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or readmitted. If, at any time during care, a dog is noticed to have fleas or ticks, treatment will be applied and charged to the parent at the minimum rate of $22.00.
- All food brought to Canine To Five must be stored in an airtight container/bag labeled with your dog’s name.
- All dogs participating in group play must pass a behavior assessment in order to attend Canine To Five. They must be non-aggressive nor food or toy protective. Any dog that has previously harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior towards any person or any other dog(s) cannot attend Canine To Five. Remember, your pet will be spending time with other pets, and the safety and health of every dog is our main priority. Keep in mind, although it is supervised play, your dog might still acquire an occasional nip or scratch.
- Dogs and puppies of all ages are allowed at Canine To Five, as long as the dog/puppy meets Canine To Five’s criteria. Puppies may begin daycare before they receive their Rabies vaccine and before they are spayed/neutered.
- All dogs must have a complete, up-to-date, and approved enrollment form on file. If your dog has been out of day care for six months or more, re-assessment is required and fees will be applied. ALL FORMS MUST BE SIGNED BY PARENT BEFORE ENROLLMENT.
- Fees are due and payable at the end of each day. Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express are accepted. Discounted packages are provided only if they are paid in advance. Pre-paid packages are nonrefundable. Our program is flexible enough to accommodate reasonable special needs requests.
- Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be cancelled by 8 p.m. the night before or owner will be charged for the day.
The health and well-being of your dog is our #1 priority at Canine to Five! Because feeding lunch to many dogs at once poses some challenges, it’s imperative we have a set Meal Plan Policy to ensure the safety and comfort of both your dog and the pack.
If your dog or puppy meets the criteria below and is eligible for lunches while at Canine to Five, please follow these instructions carefully to help us ensure all dogs are fed correctly. All food must be provided in a plastic bag clearly labeled with your dog’s name and measuring instructions for our staff. Pre-measured, single-serve bags are also a great help. Just make sure all bags are labeled clearly with your dog’s name. Also, please know we do everything we can to meet your requests, however sometimes your dog knows best. If your dog refuses to eat after three attempts we will not be able to continue a lunch program for your dog.
Puppy Program Lunches: Your puppy is growing fast and needs that extra fuel for the day. That’s why all dogs in the Every Day Puppy Program will be fed lunch at 12 p.m. At the beginning of each week, you can bring enough food for five days and we will happily store it at Canine to Five for your convenience. Due to limited space, we are unable to store anything more than one week of lunches per puppy at one time. Please follow the instructions above for lunch preparation and we’ll make sure your pup is refueled every day!
Dogs weighing 10lbs or under: Per owner’s discretion, we are able to serve owner-provided lunches to dogs weighing 10lbs and under. Please follow the instructions above for lunch preparation and clearly label the bag or container with your dog’s name.
Dogs older than six months of age or weighing more than 10lbs are not eligible for our daycare lunch program. If there is a medical reason why your dog must be served lunch, please have your veterinarian contact us directly.