To ensure the safety and health of all animals and staff at Canine To Five, we require all clients to comply with the following Rules and Regulations. Please note that you will be asked to sign a copy of these rules as part of the registration process.
- All dogs over 9 months old must be spayed or neutered to participate in Group Play.
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations. Owners must submit written records prior to their evaluation showing their dogs have current DHPP, Lepto, Rabies, and Bordetella. The specific vaccines required are Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para influenza, Parvovirus, Rabies, and Bordetella. It is your responsibility to provide on-going verification of current vaccinations. The Canine Influenza vaccine is not required, but strongly recommended.
- All dogs must be healthy. Parents will need to certify that their dogs have been free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other guests. Dogs that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 15 days will require veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or readmitted. If, at any time during care, a dog is noticed to have fleas or ticks, treatment will be applied and charged to the parent at the minimum rate of $22.00.
- Dogs with stitches in place may not use Canine To Five's services until the stitches are 10+ days old and cleared by their veterinarian.
- All food brought to Canine To Five must be stored in an airtight container/bag labeled with your dog’s name.
- For the safety of our pack, all daycare dogs must be dropped off by 10:45AM.
- For safety reasons, pregnant dogs and dogs in heat are not permitted to use Canine To Five's services.
- All dogs participating must pass a behavior assessment in order to attend Canine To Five. They must be non-aggressive nor food or toy protective. Any dog that has previously harmed or shown any aggressive or threatening behavior towards any person or any other dog(s) cannot attend Canine To Five. Remember, your pet will be spending time with other pets and new people, and the safety and health of every dog and human is our main priority. Keep in mind, although it is supervised play, your dog might still acquire an occasional nip or scratch.
- Puppies 12 weeks and older may begin daycare before they receive their Rabies vaccine. Rabies is due by 18 weeks old.
- All dogs must have a complete, up-to-date, and approved enrollment form on file. If your dog has been out of day care for nine months or more, re-assessment is required and fees will be applied.
- Fees are due and payable at the end of each day. Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express are accepted. Discounted packages are provided only if they are paid in advance. Pre-paid packages are nonrefundable. Our program is flexible enough to accommodate reasonable special needs requests.
- Cancellation Policy: Reservations must be cancelled by closing time the night before or you will be charged for the day.
The health and well-being of your dog is our #1 priority at Canine To Five! Because feeding lunch to many dogs at once poses some challenges, it’s imperative we have a set Meal Plan Policy to ensure the safety and comfort of both your dog and the pack.
bringing lunch from home
Canine To Five prohibits mid-day meals for dogs that are not in our Puppy Preschool. The number one reason for this policy is safety.
Working at a doggy daycare, our team always has to be aware of the dangers and symptoms of a condition called bloat. One of the ways we prevent bloat is by restricting our dogs' activity after eating a full meal. While this is easy to do at home, it is harder to do in a high paced environment like doggy daycare.
Safe alternatives to providing meals for your dog during daycare are opting for our smaller portioned snacks. We offer stuffed rubber Kongs, frozen Pooch Pops, and protein Power Bowls that can tide your pup over until dinner time.
If your adult dog requires a mid-day meal for medical reasons, we always welcome approval letters from veterinarians.
Puppy Preschool Lunches: Your puppy is growing fast and needs that extra fuel for the day! That’s why all dogs in Puppy Preschool are approved to bring a pre-portioned lunch from home in a ziploc bag or airtight container to be fed at 12PM.
Due to limited space, we are unable to store anything more than one day's worth of lunch per puppy. If you forget to pack a lunch, Canine To Five offers a variety of snacks from peanut butter stuffed Kongs to protein packed Power Bowls - just ask our team at drop off!