Canine to Five’s New Lobby Experience!
Canine to Five Families – are your dogs ready to play? We are certainly ready to see our furry friends again! You can book your Detroit reservations online here, and your Ferndale reservations online here.
If you are a first responder or hospital worker, we have teamed up with Detroit Dog Rescue to provide you with either 5 free days of daycare, or $125 off your overnight boarding stay! Depending on your place of employment, you can also take advantage of our discount program and save money on daycare packages and overnight stays. Contact our Canine Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our team has been working hard to bring you a safe and convenient lobby experience. Being a customer service based business, we will have to make changes that may make you feel rushed or seem less personable, but please know we will try our very best to keep the same personalized experience as always (just from a distance!)
These changes include, but are not limited to:
- 6 foot floor markers, both inside and outside
- A new lobby capacity of just 2 clients at a time
- Sneeze guards at our front desks
- Instructional videos on using our customer portal for online transactions
- A new intake kennel system that eliminates close contact with our staff
- PPE requirements for both clients and staff (Read how to get your dog used to this before coming in)
- Digital report cards for dogs (sent via text!)
- We will no longer be storing collars and leashes (don’t forget to take them with you & bring them back!)
- Lobby touch point sanitation every 15 minutes
- Health screening for staff before they start their shift
In addition to new safety measures within our facility, your pick up and drop off experience will be different as well:
- Upon arrival, we ask that you wear a face mask before exiting your vehicle
- If there are already 2 clients in the lobby, or a line outside, you will wait on the next available 6 foot paw print marker, or remain in your car
- Once the lobby has 1 or 0 clients in the lobby, you may enter
- Inside, you will continue to wait on a 6 foot paw print marker, letting our desk now if your dog needs any additional services for the day (extra services can easily be added on through our customer portal, too!)
- Once the client in front of you leaves the lobby, you may approach our intake kennel, entering with your dog and closing the gate behind you (we don’t want anyone to run out!)
- You will remove your dog’s collar and leash, then close the door behind you, leaving your dog alone in the kennel
- Our staff will retrieve your dog from the intake kennel as you depart from the lobby with your dog’s collar and leash
- Once it is time to pick up, you will repeat this process, waiting outside until lobby space is available – don’t forget your dog’s collar and leash!
- If you need assistance with our customer portal, our desk will be happy to send you a video tutorial – just ask!
- We ask that any conversations with our staff be made via phone or email to promote shorter wait times