An Open Letter to Canine to Five Employees on the COVID-19 Vaccine
Effective April 5th, 2021, all residents over the age of 16 can get vaccinated, and I’d like to see all of you get that done.
I received the first vaccine in January, and the second on February 17th, 2021. After the first vaccine, other than a sore arm, I felt fine. After the second vaccine, my arm was sore again and, about 18 hours later, I had chills, body soreness, and a headache. It was gone the next day when I woke up, but it was rough. I am glad I got vaccinated because I can hug my mom now, because I feel so much more comfortable being out in the world, and because I know it was the right thing to do in the interest of public health.
See below for many reasons why you should get vaccinated, too:
Why it is good for the employee
- It prevents your from getting COVID!
- It helps to protect your loved ones who are more at risk for COVID
- No more face masks when in the room with other people who are vaccinated!
- Canine To Five will bonus you on it – see below
- Being vaccinated allows you to travel more freely – the airlines are talking about putting a vaccine passport mandate in place
Here is a blog post from the CDC that outlines all the things you can do once fully vaccinated! https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/vaccine-benefits.html
Why it is good for the business
- It will allow all of us to feel safer from the virus while at work
- It will give our clients greater confidence to come back
- It will give management peace of mind knowing when someone calls in sick to work, we are not panicked about rolling out COVID notification process.
- It shows potential new hires we care about safety and the wellbeing of our team
Why it is good for America
- Herd immunity
- COVID is a deadly disease that was the #1 killer in the US over the last year. We can all do our part to eradicate it by getting the vaccine
- Less stress on hospital system means better care for everyone
- The sooner the country gets vaccinated, the sooner the economy can begin to recover
What we will do to get everyone vaccinated, and my company goal
My goal is to have 100% of our team vaccinated by June 1, 2021. In order to provide you with an incentive to get it done, Canine To Five will do the following:
- $50 bonus when you show your manager your COVID vaccine card showing your fully vaccinated status
- Paid day off (8 hours) the day after your 2nd vaccine to allow recovery time***
- $100 additional bonus per person when we hit 100% of employees vaccinated*
What will happen at work if you choose not to get vaccinated**
- Weekly COVID testing will be required after June 1
- At this time, vaccines are strongly suggested but not mandatory. That is subject to change as CDC, MI-OSHA and other guidelines change
Now what? How to get vaccinated.
- Detroit residents – call 313-230-0505 – you have to tell them you are an agricultural worker working with animals in Detroit
- Everyone else to register for the Ford Field Vaccine Drive starting April 5 (https://clinic.meijer.com/register/CL2021)
- God’s Path, 2500 Lemay St, Detroit (church on the east side, I know several people who work in Detroit who were able to get vaccinated there over the last month.) Call 313-473-9573 and tell them you are a worker in the City of Detroit
- Kroger (https://www.kroger.com/rx/guest/get-vaccinated)
- CVS (https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine)
Further reading for those who are interested