What to Expect When Checking in for Dog Boarding
Caring for your four-legged family member is totally our thing, and we appreciate you choosing us for the job! Our goal is to make sure your pup’s stay is as close to home as possible, and that you have the ultimate peace of mind while you’re away relaxing. Checking in your dog for boarding only takes a few minutes, but will be thorough to ensure your dog will be receiving the best experience. Here are some things you can expect when using Canine to Five for dog boarding in Metro Detroit!
Have your Answers Ready!
Our desk team will always ask you about the following at check-in:
- Confirmation of your pick up date & time
- Saving a credit card to your account; You can do this in advance through your customer portal
- Contact information for someone who will be in the area in the unlikely event of an emergency
- If your pup can eat our dry, Lamb & Rice house food if they run out of their own supply
- If mix-ins like chicken broth, pumpkin, or wet food can be added to your dog’s meals if they stop eating & at what point would you like us to give you a call about their eating habits
- Which overnight package you’d like your dog to receive
- If you’d like your pup to get a bath/groom before going home
- Feeding and medication instructions
We recommend making your reservation through our online customer portal which will allow you to select services and leave notes ahead of time. At check-in, we will read through your reservation in your presence to confirm everything is accurate.
- Make sure to label all items with your dog’s first and last name!
- Please bring medication in an organized pill divider, not separated into their food. If you do not have a pill divider, our desk team can prepare your pup’s medications for an additional fee; (Not applicable for ointments, liquids, or powders that cannot be divided) Please bring each medication in their original bottles with instructions.
- Be prepared to provide our desk with your dog’s medication instructions at check-in.
- Please send only enough food for your dog’s stay. We strongly encourage you to send your dog’s food pre-bagged for each meal. For example, a baggie for AM feeding and baggie for PM feeding. This also ensures that your dog has enough food for the entire stay. If you are unable to pre-bag food, please do the following: Food can be sent in a large zip lock bag, in a Tupperware type container, or any other sort of plastic container. Please do not send food in any sort of bag that doesn’t zip lock.
- We ask that you do not send the whole bag of dog food that you buy from the store unless your dog will be staying for an extended period of time.
Keep the Rest At Home!
They’re so busy playing with their best friends that they barely have time to miss their toys! Don’t worry, we provide cots and tons of love, so please leave their toys, beds, bowls, rawhides, etc. at home! We sanitize our bowls, toys, and beds daily, and wash bedding between dogs, or as it is soiled.