We’re Moving! Here’s Your “Must Know” List For Our New Building
You’ve probably seen the signs and witnessed how excited we are about our upcoming move, but how much do you actually know about this new building and all the incredible new services we’ll be able to offer your dogs? Here’s a quick and easy list of everything you need to know before our big move and re-opening on Monday, May 18.
- Monday, May 18: OFFICIAL RE-OPENING at our new location, 1221 East 9 Mile Road. Check out this map for a handy route from our current building to the new building. It’ll also help you bypass some of the construction traffic!
- We will have the same hours for dog daycare Monday through Friday (6:30am – 7:30pm), Saturday (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) and additional Sunday hours for boarding pick up or drop off (8 – 10am and 5 – 7pm).
- Reservations for dog daycare and boarding at our new location can be made any time through our site. Simply select “Ferndale” as your location and the dates you would like to reserve. Your reservation will automatically be set to the correct building.
Now that you have what you need, let’s get down to the fun stuff!
- We will have 4 (!!!!!!) indoor playrooms, which means we will be able to create even more playgroups for all the dogs in our pack more specifically based on size, temperament and play style. This additional space and grouping capability will allow us to create the best possible experience for your dog, tailored to their unique needs.
- Our new outdoor play yard will be 4x (!!!!!) larger than our current play yard, giving your dogs more room to romp, play and sunbathe.
- SOMETHING BRAND NEW! Our new facility will also offer the The Goldy Jones Memorial Seniors Lounge, a first for Canine to Five. The Seniors Lounge will offer exclusive care to senior dogs or dogs with special needs. Space is very limited, so be sure to learn more about our seniors lounge, and reserve early.
- SOMETHING ELSE BRAND NEW! Our new facility will also allow us to offer Private Play Lodging for dogs that either don’t meet our pack-style dog daycare requirements, or are better suited for private boarding with one-on-one time with handlers. Private Play Lodgers will get 3 potty breaks through the day, private access to our outdoor play area, and option tiers to customize your dog’s stay with additional playtime or services. Just another alternative to standard dog kenneling, and another step closer toward serving the unique needs of every dog in Southeastern Michigan.
WHOA! That’s a lot of change. But you know what won’t change?
- Canine to Five Ferndale will still offer 24 hour/7 days a week supervision for all dogs during their lodging stay. That means we have a trained handler in the building with your dogs overnight and at all hours to ensure their comfort and safety.
- We will still offer our unique, pack-style all-day free play for dog daycare guests, including an emphasis on pack and individual dog behavior with our highly trained handlers.
- Our team of dedicated Pack Leaders will still complete high levels of training, including continued training in dog safety and behavior to continue to go above and beyond for your dogs.
- Canine to Five will continue to strive for our goal of offering the best services to dogs and their owners throughout Southeastern Michigan, and help owners enjoy the companionship of their happy, healthy and balanced dog.
Thank you so much to all the members of the Canine to Five pack, both human and canine, for being part of this exciting time for us. If you have any questions leading up to the move, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 248.556.5675.
We’ll see you on 9 Mile!