Canine to Five to Stay Open for Essential Workers
Canine to Five Friends & Family,
To support our first responders and hospital working clients, our daycare and boarding operations will continue to remain available on a reservation-only basis to essential workers only. We understand that many of you are working longer hours and your four-legged companions are in need of care.
We will also be offering free daycare and overnight boarding for a limited time to first responders and medical staff thanks to donations through Detroit Dog Rescue! Just show your work badge to our front desk and they will apply this for you.
With the small amount of dogs expected to be in the facility, Canine to Five will operate with limited staff and limited hours. Our temporary schedule will be as follows Monday – Friday:
- 6:30AM – 9AM Drop off time; Doors will be locked, call upon arrival
- 9AM – 12PM Dogs will play
- 12PM – 2PM All dogs up for lunch/nap time
- 2PM – 5PM Dogs back out to play
- 5PM – 8PM Pick up time; Doors remain locked, call upon arrival
Saturdays & Sundays will be strictly overnight boarding services with the following schedule:
- 8AM – 10AM Drop off time; Doors will be locked, call upon arrival
- 10AM – 12PM Dogs will play
- 12PM – 3PM All dogs up for lunch/nap time
- 3PM – 5PM Dogs back out to play
- 5PM – 7PM Pick up time; Doors remain locked, call upon arrival
In addition to these special hours, we will also be implementing a new drop off & pick up procedure to help clients and staff practice social distancing:
- When dropping off, clients will place a Canine to Five slip lead onto their dog and remove their dog’s collar & leash/harness to take back with them
- We ask that only 1 person wait in the lobby at a time
- When picking up, clients will remove the Canine to Five slip lead from their dog and place their dog’s collar & leash/harness
Staff will continue to disinfect all touch points as always, including our slip leads, and we will continue to provide all bathing, activity, and edible add-on services.
Please note, Canine to Five does not have a limit on the amount of days your dog can board overnight with us, so if our daycare hours do not line up well with your extended schedule, you can always schedule an overnight boarding stay for as long as you need.
If you find that you no longer need the reservations you previously scheduled, please let us know so we can staff our facility accordingly. Reservations can be made and cancelled through our customer portal, via email, or by phone.
We appreciate your continued support and hope everyone stays safe,
Liz Blondy & The Canine to Five Team